Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 9



I never even knew book trailers existed! The idea of this is so neat, if they are made properly. This could be the new thing for book marketing. I think it would be very popular for the children and YA crowd. The one downfall to this is imagination. I love to read and to see the characters and setting in my mind. When I see a book trailer, my mind will automatically see the characters in this way instead of with my imagination. I do believe that book trailers really could change the way that books are marketed.




Be More Bookish was a great training for new librarians! I learned a lot about appeal factors, subgenres, and new ways to use GoodReads. I normally am not a fan of online classes or trainings, but I liked that I was able to work at my own pace. Something that would make this training easier to complete would be if we were able to view the blog from home. I work part time so there were a few weeks when I was away and did work a lot and it made the assignments difficult to complete. I also think a mid training meetup would have been a great way to give us even more insight on reader's advisory. All in all, I am taking with me many great websites and ideas that will help me on a daily basis. I think this training was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment